A Family Law Attorney Protecting Your Rights And Your Future
Family law disputes are almost always stressful, with outcomes that will impact all family members for many years to come. In most cases, decisions about your financial obligations and the parties’ assets, child custody, and child and spousal support will be with you long after the case is over. Making the right choices will give you and your children the best possible future.
For these and other reasons, the attorney you hire is perhaps the most important decision you will make. In Allentown and surrounding areas of Pennsylvania, the easy choice for representation is The Law Offices of Everett Cook, P.C. With over 20 years of legal experience and consistently high ratings from former clients, Mr. Cook has proven to be a trusted legal resource in his community.
Ready To Assist You With All Aspects Of Your Case
Family law encompasses a wide range of legal challenges, including:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Equitable distribution of marital assets
- Spousal support, alimony and alimony pendente lite
Every case dealing with the ending of a marriage or the issues of child custody and support is unique and requires a competent family law attorney who can help protect your rights, your children and your future. That’s exactly what you’ll find in attorney Cook. He will provide you with skilled and knowledgeable counsel, helping you to decide what to fight for and when. Whether your case can be resolved through out-of-court negotiation or must go to trial, you can be sure that attorney Cook is ready to meet your needs.
Count On Calm, Steady Guidance Through Your Divorce
Nobody ever wants to go through a divorce, but sometimes it is the best option for a couple. In more than two decades in practice, Everett Cook has helped many clients reach reasonable agreements with their spouses.
He is ready to discuss your concerns, answer your questions and guide you in all concerns related to your divorce, including:
- Going over and helping you with the details of your separation
- Preparing your legal paperwork and file your divorce
- Discussing the many divorce scenarios you may run into
- Determining if spousal support or alimony is likely to be a factor in your case
- Helping you divide assets equitably, including big-ticket items like the marital residence and retirement accounts
- Addressing significant debt issues, including those that may require individual or joint bankruptcy
- Discussing your child custody concerns and answering any questions you may have
With the help of an experienced, honest and communicative lawyer, your divorce can go much smoother than you expected.
A Lawyer Protecting The Well-Being Of Your Children
Child custody issues tend to be highly stressful and can be acrimonious. That’s one of the many reasons why you should work with Everett Cook. He will work tirelessly to protect your children and your relationship with them, and he will advocate for their best interests at all times.
Finding A Workable Custody Agreement
It might be difficult to convince the court to grant you full custody. But Mr. Cook will help you build a strong case for the arrangement you want. He can help with child custody matters like:
- Legal custody – this will give you the power to make long-term decisions about your child’s health care and education
- Physical custody – this will allow you to determine where your child lives on a day-to-day basis
- Joint custody – this will give you and your ex-spouse shared control over the upbringing of your child
Under Pennsylvania law, custody decisions must be made in the best interests of children. Therefore, Mr. Cook will help you frame your petition to the court by focusing on what the children need, not just what each parent wants.
Discuss Your Legal Options With A Skilled And Caring Attorney
Based in Allentown, The Law Offices of Everett Cook serves clients in Bethlehem, Easton, Philadelphia and surrounding areas of Pennsylvania. To speak with Everett Cook about your family law needs, contact the firm to schedule an initial consultation. Just call 610-673-0907 or reach out online.